- One big ole day of mostly downhill shuttles
- 95%+ singletrack in the San Juan Mountains outside Durango, CO
- This tour is appropriate for high intermediate and advanced riders
- Includes transportation for the day (8-12 hours) and route assistance
- Trip starts and ends in Durango, CO
- Season: Early/mid-July to mid-October
- Total group size limited to (12) – Private groups only!
- Cost: $1500($1950 with a guide)
The history of the San Juan Super Shuttle bears repeating. In 2015, Tom Neb the owner of San Juan Cycles in Durango, CO, called us up and asked to “rent a van and driver for a day” to cherry pick all the best shuttlable trails outside Durango in the San Juan Mountains. He got a crew together and they had a blast dropping thousands of vertical feet in one long day. Since then it’s become a bit of a tradition for a local bike shop or brewery to assemble a crew and do the same each year. It’s popularity around Durango has become legendary!
So we decided to open it up to the world. Here’s how it works: get a crew together of up to (12) riders. Cost is the same no matter how small or big your group is: $1500. We get a sense of your group’s riding level and try to squeeze in as much descending possible in a 8-12 hour day. Think of it like filling a snowcat and carving powder all day with just your friends. Throw a cooler of beer in the van and let’s do it!
We meet up at 7am at 2nd Avenue Sports in downtown Durango, CO and load up the bikes, beers and riders. From there we head up in the San Juan Mountains and shuttle mostly-downhill trails til it’s dark or your group’s legs stop working. We’ll drop everyone back at 2nd Avenue Sports later that evening.
What’s Included in My Trip?
- Shuttle Van and driver
- Cooler if needed
- Alcoholic Beverages – we can haul and keep them cold though!
- Weather Control – Mother Nature has a mind of her own
This trip begins and ends in Durango, CO. Durango-La Plata Airport has numerous flights each day primarily from Denver and Phoenix. The closest “major” airport is Albuquerque 3.5 hours away.