- 5 Riding Days, 4 nights camping
- Pine & Aspen Forest Singletrack and some dirt road near Telluride, Colorado
- This tour is for high intermediate to advanced riders with good fitness and polished singletrack riding skills
- Base Camp: Comfortable lakeside camping in a mountain setting
- Price: $1095 per person
“To Hell You Ride!” greeted miners and other folks on a sign not far from the railroad tracks as they rolled into a deep box canyon now known as Telluride, Colorado back in the late 1800’s. Fast forward – Telluride is now a premier destination for skiers around the world, but those “in the know” relish the pristine miles of killer singletrack ripe for mountain biking!
This tour is an incredible sampling of those amazing miles of singletrack in the San Juan Mountains around Telluride, CO. We’ll start out on the Uncompahgre Plateau north of Telluride and work our way to some dizzying heights near treeline just outside the Lizard Head Wilderness.
Receive Full Itinerary
The area of Red Canyon on the Uncompahgre Plateau is seldom seen nor ridden by mountain bikers due to it’s proximity to….well…anything, but this singletrack loop is a terrific start to our week of riding…
After a short climb on a forest service road, we’ll continue climbing a beautiful piece of singletrack several hundred feet above town…
After a short, but scenic shuttle we’ll start a mellower, mid-week ride in the Alta Lakes area. The Alta Lakes area provides us numerous loop options as we skirt the boundary of the Telluride Ski area and Prospect Basin…
The Wilson Mesa singletrack changes numerous times from thickly-wooded spruce groves to calendar-worthy aspen groves. Along the way we’ll pass quite close to the boundary of the Lizard Head Wilderness with 14,000 Wilson Peak looming above us…
Our final day is a ride down the infamous Galloping Goose Trail. The Galloping Goose was a hyrbrid railroad machine – part railcar, part truck…
What’s Included in My Trip?
- Supported Camping Monday night to Friday morning
- All meals Monday lunch to Friday lunch
- (2) Expert Guides
- All transportation from Monday morning to Friday afternoon – including pickup and drop-off in Montrose, CO
- Alcoholic Beverages – we can haul and keep them cold though!
- Lodging and transportation before and after the tour
- Weather Control – Mother Nature has a mind of her own
- Tents, sleeping bags and other personal camping items
- Bikes – we can rent you a full-suspension bike for the week